Thursday, August 28, 2008

Check out My Scoop

We discovered My Scoop and wanted to give you the "the scoop" on it!
What started a little over a year ago as a small-time style blog, has turned into an enterprise that now brings in over 339,000 viewers a month. With over 7 years magazine publishing experience, entrepreneur Amy Lemley Bailey had always said that the South needs its own style magazine, and with the way the world is going, it only made sense to start a fashion webzine.After seeking the advice of several notable online entrepreneurs and magazine experts before starting the webzine My Scoop www.myscoop.us, Bailey is not surprised it has such an incredibly responsive audience and believes this is just the beginning for My Scoop. “People not only love My Scoop, but use the term addicted to describe their passion for My Scoop,” Bailey says. “I am so proud to be providing such a fashionable media outlet for Southern fashionistas that elevates the style and sophistication of our region.”My Scoop strives to highlight the chic living in the South. And it is working! With a growth rate of 42%, My Scoop is looking beyond the present to their possibilities in the future. “We are getting ready for expansion,” says Jessica Vance, My Scoop’s Marketing Director. “We have had demand from Nashville, Charlotte, Savannah, and the Gulf Coast. We just want to make sure we provide the region with the most up to date, in-the- know information on living stylishly in the South.”Well, mission accomplished. My Scoop sales revenue for 2008 averages $15,000 a month. In addition, with successful events like their “Sex and the City Preview Party” at Saks Fifth Avenue this past May, My Scoop is able to bring the webzine to life. There were over 300 guests who enjoyed the posh event with catering from Whole Foods, drinks from Skyy Vodka, and designer giveaways from Nanette Lepore, Rebecca Taylor, Elie Tahari, Juicy Couture and more.“You can expect sophisticated, cutting edge and fun headlines daily on My Scoop as well as bimonthly e-blasts,” says Vance.

No comments: