Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sugar Bliss Cakes are out of this World! A Review by Sarah Radford, Chic Gems, etc.


I had the pleasure of meeting Teresa Ging of Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique.
She has an amazing story. She tossed the big salary in Corporate America and struck out on her own. I have had several of her cupcakes, (well maybe a lot of her cupcakes)
and they are top notch!
From Banker to Baker...
Teresa graduated from University of Chicago, Bachelors of Arts in Economics and Statistics.
You ask, what encouraged her to open this business? I have always wanted to start my own business and have always been an entrepreneur. While I was in finance and working in Downtown Chicago Loop, there was no place to purchase a cupcake or birthday cake. With so many businesses, hotels, tourist attractions nearby, I felt that there was a need to open a cake shop. In late 2006, I decided to leave 6 years of finance to attend Le Cordon Bleu Patisserie Program in Paris, then in October 2007, I launched the catering and delivery side of the business and this year we I will open our first retail location in the Downtown Chicago Loop in December 2008!

You're dying to know, how did she come up with the name Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique? I really liked the two words “Sugar” and “Bliss” and since we are a premium cake/cupcake shop, I decided to name the company Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique.

So what does a typical day look like for you? In the morning we are baking all the cupcakes for that days order; we bake every cupcake fresh each day. Once the cupcakes are baked we let them cool and then frost each cupcake with our signature blossom design and top the cupcake with our signature dot. Then they are ready to be packaged into our custom boxes. Once the orders are completed they are ready to be delivered to our customers and are picked up from the courier. In the afternoon we are planning the next day of cupcake orders and preparing cake batters and frostings.
Teresa caters to Corporate, hotels, event/wedding planners, catering companies
You're wondering what bakery products does she make? We have over 20 flavors of regular and mini cupcakes, breakfast cupcakes (which are fruit muffins), frosting shots, and cakes. We also sell beverages such as coffee, tea, hot chocolate, bottled water, juice, and milk.
How many different kinds of cupcakes does she sell? We have over 20 flavors on our menu and additional seasonal flavors throughout the year.
Minis are $1.25 and Regular Size are $3.25
So, what kind of ingredients do you use in your cupcakes? We use the highest quality, natural ingredients, such as European Cocoa, Nielsen Massey pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla, and real fruits. Our extra moist cupcakes are decorated with our signature Sugar Bliss bloom, a rich and creamy frosting topped with our signature dot. We do not add preservatives or use corn syrup or shortening and all of our cupcakes are made from scratch (no cake mixes) and are baked fresh each day.
Who is Teresa's inspiration? My parents, they always supported and encouraged me in whatever I did and inspired me to pursue my dreams, which was owning
my own business one day.

Congrats Teresa on your great success in only 1 year! I can't wait to see the Sugar Bliss Cake Boutique in the Chicago Loop. Keep up the good work!
All the very best,
Sarah Radford
Designer
Designer Jewelry for the Professional Woman

No comments: