Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Meet Amy of Ciao Bella Chicago, a True Entrepreneur. Review by Sarah Radford, Chic Gems, etc.

I have had the pleasure of knowing Amy Lechelt Basta for almost 2 years. She has an upbeat and charming personality. She has been an entrepreneur all her life, so I thought it would be fun and inspiring to hear her story and her perspective on owning a business, dealing with challenges at work
and in life, etc.!

So why did you start your business, Ciao Bella Chicago?
I started my biz, cuz I could! Ha-ha! Actually, Jerry, my husband and I, had always thought that I should own a boutique because I was very enthusiastic when leaving my other boutique sales jobs, telling stories every day for hours (really!). And, not only did I have 25 years of experience in retail, but I also became very good at "styling"! Who knew? Finally, I have been an entrepreneur all my life! I took all of my background and joined it together into one location! Event Stylist/coordinator, model/actress/singer/performer, artist, sales manager/sales/bookeeper, flight attendant! I love the challenge of business!

What are the challenges you're facing?
The economy! It couldn't be a worse time to open a biz than when we did! However, the fact that we are still here shows we're doing something right! But, it inihibits "taking it to the next level". And, secondly, to my surprise- employees. Everyone told me this, but I didn't believe it. Even if you have the best employees possible, you still need to deal with all employees "issues", whether work related or personal- on a daily basis.

How are you overcoming those challenges?
Remember to keep a positive attitude, even if it means you need to "adjust it" from time to time. "Everything happens as it should...." It's a business, not your health or life! And, if you run a good, honest life/business, you will have always know you did the best you could- by all!
What brands will shoppers find at Ciao Bella Chicago?
For Women:
Gant, b. chyll, Body, Lucky Brand, Tommy Bahama, Billy Blues,
Majestic Bernadette Conte, Panda Snack, City Lights, Spanx,
JWLA , Johnny Was, Be present, Adea, Bailey 44, Victorinox Swiss Army,
Daftbird, Vintage Glam, Iodice, Sarah Pacini, Lauren Vidal
Hard Tail, R jean, Pursuit of Harmony, Cino, Oramomi
Uncle Frank, Level 99, Tag Jeans, and more.
For Men:
James Perse, Rosasen, Splendid Mills, Victorinox Swiss Army
Lucky Brand, Indigo Palms, Jet Lag, Gant
Generra, Modern Amusement, Bugatchi, J Brand, and more.
Accessories:
Hobo, Matt & Nat, John Wind, Baggallini
Love Quotes, Karen Weiss Belts, eye bobs, Seril
Nundies, Sassy nips, Chic Gems, etc., and more.
Pure Style Girlfriends-Stay Put, Gather the Girls, Haute Stuff, Smooth 'em
Press:
Women's Wear Daily, Daily Candy, Time Out Chicago,
Chicago Mag.com, and Chicago Scene.
Thanks Amy for your insight!
Ciao!
Check out Ciao Bella Chicago online!
Be sure to stop by the store if you're in Chicago.
They are located at 3829 N Southport, one of Chicago's hottest shopping blocks.
The store is steps away from the historic Music Box Theatre!
All the very best,
Sarah Radford
Designer
Designer Jewelry for Professional Women

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I went to ciao bella chicago and they really had a great selection. I bought a B. Chyll sweater which was a great investment. It keeps me so warm in the winter. I just saw that hautelook.com is having a sample sale on this designer tomorrow. There sales are always huge and half off or even up to 70% off.